On today’s show with Natalie and Darla is Taylor Walker Sinning, a certified personal trainer, nutrition expert, and social media master. She has an enormous following on Twitter and Instagram, and she’s taken the role of social media influencer to the next level, working with huge brands. As she says, her goal is to empower women to be their best selves in the most real way possible.
What You’ll Hear On This Episode of Wingnut Social
- [03:10] What is the rewardStyle LiketoKnowIt app and why does everyone want a piece?
- [7:14] How to make rewardStyle work for you
- [10:04] If you don’t take your role seriously, you can really damage your brand as an influencer.
- [14:40] What is a micro-influencer and how influential are they?
- [15:30] How to set up a posting schedule that reaches your audience
- [18:44] How to use rewardStyle with your blog
- [21:45] What mistakes has Taylor made on her journey to becoming an influencer?
- [26:19] What up wingnut?
- [28:21] Darla and Natalie’s takeaways
Connect with Taylor Walker Sinning
- Taylor Walker Sinning
- Taylor Walker Fit on Twitter
- Taylor Walker Fit on Instagram
- Taylor Walker Fit on Facebook
Resources & People Mentioned
What is rewardStyle and how do you use it?
As Taylor told Darla and Natalie on this episode, rewardStyle has a “Liketoknowit” app that allows people on social media to share products, and then when their followers buy those products, you get paid. It’s a really easy-to-use app, though you do have to apply. And as Taylor says, she didn’t get in on her first try, so it’s worth applying more than once.
Now rewardStyle started off as focused on fashion, but if you’re sharing home products or anything that relates to your business, you can use it, too.
Use rewardStyle, and be smart about what you’re recommending
One of the most important bits of advice Taylor shared is that just because she can work with a brand, doesn’t mean she will. She needs to ensure the product she’s endorsing is solid, and that it’s right for her audience. It’s easy to think “Oh, I’ll take the money for that endorsement,” but in the long run, you’re going to shortchange yourself.
One way to ensure you’re making the right choices when it comes to what brands you work with is to have a strong media kit. Taylor goes into what comprises a great media kit, and shares hers as well (linked above!).
Connect With Darla & Wingnut Social
- On Facebook
- On Twitter: @WingnutSocial
- On Instagram: @WingnutSocial
- Darla’s Interior Design Website